Part Time - 25 hours/week
Salary £17,745 (pro rata)
The Civic are looking for an experienced theatre technician to assist with, and on occasions be responsible for, the running of all performance events and commercial hires scheduled into The Civic and Mandela Gardens. They will work with the technical manager and operations team to maintain the Civic’s high standards of health and safety, technical delivery and customer care for all users.
Candidates should ideally be able to start at the beginning of June 2017.
Application forms only. No CVs.
Email: Luke Robson with any queries.
Interviews: w/c 1 May 2017
Closing date: 12pm, Wednesday 26 April 2017
Job Description Technician (PDF, 190 KB)
Employee Specification Technician (PDF, 188 KB)
We are actively looking to recruit new Trustees/Non-Executive Directors for our Board
We are particularly keen to hear from people with a professional background in one of the following specialisms:
- Charitable Fundraising
- Commercial Development
- Human Resources
- Higher and Further Education
However all interested professionals will be considered providing they are willing to carry out the duties and responsibilities outlined and meet the following personal attributes:
- An enthusiasm for the work of The Civic, Barnsley
- A commitment to carry out the duties of a Board member
- A respected member of the local community and/or sector represented with good networks
- The ability to work as a member of a team and a willingness to state personal convictions and, equally to accept a majority decision and be tolerant of the views of other people
- A willingness to deal openly with staff and colleague Trustees when pleased or displeased about an issue
- A preparedness to offer personal and business skills and experience to support the work of staff when required.
- A commitment to be well informed about the work of The Civic, Barnsley.
- A willingness and commitment to act a champion for The Civic, Barnsley
- The ability to treat sensitive information confidentially
Trustees/Non-Executive Director applicants should email expressions of interest and their CV to: Lucy Melvin
Front of House Assistants - £7.20 per hour
The Civic are looking to recruit several individuals to work as part of the Front of House team in the delivery of all public facing activity across a variety of events and performances. Exemplary customer service and team working skills are essential for providing the highest possible standard of customer care at all times.
Front of House duties include working on the bar during busy performances and taking an active role in assisting the evacuation of the building in the event of an emergency.
Job Description Front of House Assistants (Casual) (PDF, 210 KB)
Please see our volunteers page for other opportunities about how you can get involved.